In accordance with Mexico’s Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales, hereinafter “FLPPDPPP”) and other applicable legislation, VIGILAMOS RH TIERRA MÉXICO, S. DE R.L. DE C.V. (“Tierra,” “us,” or “we”), whose address for service of process is Agustín Manuel Chávez 1-001, Centro de Ciudad Santa Fe, 01210, Álvaro Obregón, Mexico City, Mexico, hereby provides you with the following information regarding the processing of personal data.
To use Tierra’s website (www.tierra.co), you are required to review these policies. By using our website or communicating with us by e-mail, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and to our Terms and Conditions.
Personal data collection
To provide the services described in this Privacy Notice, Tierra collects the following types of personal data:
- identification data;
- commercial data;
- economic and financial data; and
- geolocation data.
Sensitive personal data
Tierra does not collect any personal data that is categorized as sensitive by current Mexican legislation for the purposes described in the previous paragraph.
Personal data collection purposes
- To provide our users/clients with information about the services that Tierra sells, including payment methods, in response to requests for this made through any channel.
- To facilitate the process of contracting Tierra’s services.
- To manage and oversee the sending and receiving of documents that are relevant to Tierra’s provision of services.
- To manage, oversee, and update personal data concerning Tierra’s users/clients, legal representatives, or contacts appointed by legal entities.
- To create user profiles on our platform through our website.
- To analyze data, including geolocation data, for the creation of “risk scores” for specific areas on the basis of their geographic location (neighborhoods, boroughs, states, etc.).
- Communicate with our users/clients via online channels.
- To manage, oversee, and follow-up on billing of the services provided by Tierra.
- To collect debts owed to Tierra via judicial and extrajudicial means.
- To manage and oversee administrative, fiscal, and accounting matters relating to users/clients.
- To create statistical and historical records on users/clients.
Tierra may disclose your personal data to the following parties within or outside of Mexican territory:
- Other Tierra offices, branches, or subsidiaries within or outside of Mexican territory to store user/client data and manage user sign-ups, subscriptions, and cancellations.
- Holding or parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates of Tierra for centralized data storage; changes to contracts; and for statistical and record-keeping purposes.
- Government authorities, bodies, or organizations to comply with the obligations set forth in current legislation and/or other requirements established by any such entities.
- Financial or banking institutions indicated by users/clients for billing and payment activities relating to the provision of Tierra's services.
Transfers covered by the provisions of LFPDPPP Article 37 do not require your consent. No other data transfers will be made without first informing you and obtaining your consent.
Whenever it is legally required or Tierra deems it necessary, we will request your express written consent before making any other data transfers. This consent may be obtained by any physical or electronic means that prove it has been granted, such as forms or authorization letters.
Rights of access, rectification, erasure, and opposition to the processing of personal data
Whenever legally appropriate, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, and opposition through the specific procedures we have implemented for this purpose.
Your request to do so must comply with the requirements established in the legislation that is currently in force and must be sent in writing to our Personal Data Department at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request must contain the following:
- Your name and address or any other means by which we can inform you of our response to your request.
- Documentation proving your identity or, where appropriate, the power-of-attorney of the person exercising the right on your behalf.
- A clear and accurate description of the personal data regarding which you seek to exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and/or opposition.
- Any other information or documentation that may help us locate your personal data.
Tierra will inform you of its decision on your request within a maximum period of twenty (20) business days of receipt. If Tierra deems your request appropriate, it will be addressed within a maximum period of fifteen (15) working days from the date on which you are informed of the response. If the information provided in your request proves to be inaccurate or insufficient, or if the documents required to prove your identity or power-of-attorney are not attached, Tierra will ask you to rectify these shortfalls within a maximum period of five (5) business days of receipt of the original request. In the event of such a request, you must provide the missing information or documentation within ten (10) business days. Should you fail to do so within the stipulated period, your request will be canceled.
Tierra will provide the personal data or information you have requested in the form of paper copies or electronic documents in standard formats (DOC/DOCX or PDF).
Ensuring that your personal data is true, accurate, and up-to-date is important for Tierra. Please let us know of any changes that you would like us or any other interested parties to make to your personal data.
Withdrawal of consent for the processing or transfer of your personal data
You may withdraw your consent for the processing or transfer of your personal data at any time. If you withdraw this consent, Tierra will stop processing your personal data for the purposes set forth in this notice, provided that such processing is not needed to comply with any obligations arising from a legal relationship between you and Tierra.
The procedure for withdrawing consent is the same as the procedure for exercising your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition to the processing of personal data, as described above.
Limiting the use and disclosure of your personal data
You may limit the use and disclosure of your personal data by writing to our Personal Data Department to inform them of your request when you provide Tierra with your data or subsequently. You can also ask Tierra to limit the use of your personal data to specific sectors or geographic areas.
The proof-of-identity requirements and the procedure for handling your request to limit the use of your personal data are the same as those set forth above for the rights of access, rectification, erasure, and opposition to the processing of personal data.
If you use our website and/or send information through it, the cookies that Tierra uses will enable us to collect, store, and analyze electronic information on your browsing habits and use of our communication channels (such as online forms).
Cookies store this information automatically when users access our website and use our online services.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them in your browser and operating system, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you disable cookies or prevent them from being installed, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
Modifications or updates to this Comprehensive Privacy Notice
TIERRA may modify, update, extend, or otherwise change the content and scope of this Privacy Notice at any time at its sole discretion.
You may request a copy of the latest version of this Privacy Notice from our Personal Data Department at email@example.com.
The latest version of this Privacy Notice is available on the Privacy Notice section of www.tierra.co.
Last update: June 18, 2020