In accordance with Mexico’s Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales, hereinafter “FLPPDPPP”) and other applicable legislation, VIGILAMOS RH TIERRA MÉXICO, S. DE R.L. DE C.V. (“TIERRA,” “us,” or “we”), whose address for service of process is Agustín Manuel Chávez 1-001, Centro de Ciudad Santa Fe, 01210, Álvaro Obregón, Mexico City, Mexico, hereby provides you with the following information regarding the processing of personal data.
To use TIERRA’s website (www.tierra.co), you are required to review these policies. By using our website or communicating with us by e-mail, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and to our Terms and Conditions.
Personal data collection
To provide the services described in this Privacy Notice, TIERRA collects the following types of personal data:
- Identification data.
- Geolocation data.
Sensitive personal data
TIERRA does not collect any personal data that is categorized as sensitive by current Mexican legislation.
Data collection purposes
- To communicate with users by electronic means.
- To create user profiles on our website.
- To manage user access to the contents of our website.
- To analyze user profiles and interact with users to create risk scores for specific geographic areas or locations (neighborhoods, municipalities, states, etc.).
- To create user statistics.
Additional purposes: there are no additional purposes.
TIERRA may disclose your personal data to the following parties within or outside of Mexican territory:
- Other TIERRA offices, branches, or subsidiaries within or outside of Mexican territory to store user data and manage user sign-ups, subscriptions, and cancellations.
- Holding or parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates of TIERRA for centralized data storage; to manage sign-ups, subscriptions, cancellations, and changes to contracts; and for statistical and record-keeping purposes.
- Government authorities, bodies, or organizations to comply with the obligations set forth in current legislation and/or other requirements established by any such entities.
- Engineers, data analysts, or research teams that have a direct relationship with TIERRA, either within Mexico or abroad.
Your explicit consent is not required for the transfers of personal data referred to in the above paragraph, in accordance with article 37 of the FLPPDPPP.
If you do not wish your data to be transferred to specific locations or recipients, you may communicate this expressly to TIERRA when you disclose your personal data to us or at any other time after this, by exercising your right to object as described in the following section on right of access.
Rights of access, rectification, erasure, and opposition to the processing of personal data
Whenever legally appropriate, users can exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition to the processing of personal data through specific procedures TIERRA has implemented.
Your request must be in writing, meet the requirements set forth in the applicable legislation, and be addressed to our Personal Data Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Rights of access and/or withdrawal of consent.”
Your request must contain the following:
- Your name and address or any other means by which we can inform you of our response to your request;
- Documentation proving your identity or, where appropriate, the power-of-attorney of the person exercising the right on your behalf;
- A clear and accurate description of the personal data regarding which you seek to exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and/or opposition; and
- Any other information or documentation that may help us locate your personal data.
TIERRA will inform you of its decision regarding your request within a maximum period of twenty (20) business days of receipt. If TIERRA deems your request appropriate, we will address it within a maximum period of fifteen (15) working days from the date on which you are informed of our response. If the information provided in your request proves to be inaccurate or insufficient, or if the documents required to prove your identity or power-of-attorney are not attached, TIERRA will ask you to rectify these shortfalls within a maximum period of five (5) business days of receipt of the original request. If you receive such a request, you must provide the missing information or documentation within ten (10) business days. Should you fail to do so within the stipulated period, your request will be canceled.
TIERRA will provide the personal data or information you have requested in the form of paper copies or electronic documents in standard formats (DOC or PDF).
Ensuring that your personal data is true, accurate, and up-to-date is important for TIERRA. Please let us know of any changes that you would like us or any other interested parties to make to your personal data.
Withdrawal of consent for personal data processing
You may withdraw your consent for the processing or transfer of your personal data at any time. If you withdraw this consent, TIERRA will stop processing your personal data for the purposes set forth in this notice, provided that such processing is not needed to comply with any obligations arising from a legal relationship between you and TIERRA. You can ask TIERRA to cancel your user account when you withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, should you so wish.
The procedure for withdrawing consent is the same as the procedure for exercising your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition to the processing of personal data, as described above.
Limiting the use and disclosure of your personal data
You may limit the use and disclosure of your personal data by writing to our Personal Data Department to inform them of your request when you provide TIERRA with your data or subsequently. You can also ask TIERRA to limit the use of your personal data to specific sectors or geographic areas.
The proof-of-identity requirements and the procedure for handling your request to limit the use of your personal data are the same as those set forth above for the rights of access, rectification, erasure, and opposition to the processing of personal data.
If you use our website and/or send information through it, the cookies we use automatically enable us to collect, store, and analyze electronic information on your browsing habits and your use of our communication channels (such as online forms) and online services.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them in your browser and operating system, visit All About Cookies, which contains step-by-step instructions on how to disable them.
You may not be able to use certain features of our website if you disable cookies or prevent them from being installed.
Modifications or updates to this Privacy Notice
TIERRA may modify, update, extend, or otherwise change the content and scope of this Privacy Notice at any time at its sole discretion.
You may request a copy of the latest version of this Privacy Notice from our Personal Data Department at email@example.com.
The latest version of this Privacy Notice is available on the Privacy Notice section of tierra.co.
Last update: November 5, 2019